How old was your child when they pulled themselves up alone to sit up?

My daughter is 7 months old she sits up fine if we sit her up but shouldn't she be able to pull herself up?

BxMetroMom718

Asked by BxMetroMom718 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She will do it soon! If she's a big baby, it could take her a little longer. Just keep sitting her up & she'll gain the strength and motivation to start doing it herself within the next couple of months. She's not behind, so don't worry.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• all three of my kids did it at different times. don't worry.
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 4:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• lol I felt the same way! My daughter actually didn't even start crawling until 9 months and THEN she started pulling herself up. After that she started walking at 11 months (on her own) now she's 15 months and running around like crazy! lol She'll get it momma, dont worry just enjoy this time you have where you dont have to chase her around 24/7. Man it's a workout! =)
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 4:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• every baby develops very differently. Just be patient and enjoy little moments, soon she'll be running around screaming "NO" at you, and you're going to wish she was still sitting down!

But she will probably be able to sit independantly wihthin the next month =]
    newmommyy322

Answer by newmommyy322 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Yep for my son he was sitting unassisted at about 6 months and crawling at 8 1/2 months and I always wondered why he went from sitting to belly to back, from back to belly, but not back to sitting but he did that at I would say 7 1/2 months
    KatieFlower

Answer by KatieFlower at 6:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2008