what do you call your husband's parents?

i'm just not comfortable calling them "mom and dad". i have a mom and dad and it's not them, lol. i'm in my 20's and they're in their 60's so i feel almost disrespectful calling them by their first names.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I call them buy their first names.
    Just ask them.

Answer by louise2 at 8:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• aholes. sorry, you asked. you sound like you have good inlaws.
    ask them what they want to be called by. maybe using their first names a little while longer will get you more comfortable. and when your kids start calling them meemaw and peepaw you can call them that. :)
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Well , they sign their e-mails mom and dad.. So, I do call them mom and dad by e-mail. I call them by their first name in person. I'm almost forthy and I still feel silly calling them mom and dad... it makes tham happy... LOL...
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 8:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I call them by there first names unless I am referring to them to my children then I call them Nana and Papa, I would never call them mom or dad, we don't get along and I have parents. Ask them what they want to be called, I have a friend who calls hers Mr. and Mrs. XXXX so you need to work it out with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I call them Pam and Robert unless the kids are around then I call them Grandma and Grandpa, I am in my 20s they are in thier 50s. Or sometimes I call Pam mother in law, or mom. We get alone great.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I called my in-laws by their first names because that is what they asked me to do. If they have never told you what they want to be called, then I would simply ask them "What would you like me to call you?"
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I call them by their first names, I feel uncomfortable not saying "Mr. or Mrs.", but that would be really strange. I'm also not comfortable calling them "Mom and Dad", because I already have parents. We've been doing this for 11 yrs and so far, so good.
    BTW, my parents were the same way with my grandparents (their in-laws)
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I call them mom and dad because they are more like parents to me than my real ones.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I call them by their 1st names, or if our daughter is around I call them nana and nunu (which is what she calls them - italian for grandma/grandpa)
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• By their names. I accidentally called my MIL Mom to my Hubby and he started laughing! He said awww isn't that sweet, you called her Mom,lol.. No it's not sweet, it's scary! My Mom passed away in 2000 and of course I love my inlaws but no one can replace my parents...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2009