Does my Mjollnir conflict with your bible?

Do you think there could have been Gods before there was just God? If you're a Christian can you accept the idea of there previously being more than one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• OP: if you don't believe there were Gods before God then how do you explain Gods existence?
    ----
    If the existence of God means that other Gods must have created him, then who created those Gods, and who created the Gods that created those Gods? Who then created the Gods that created the Gods that created God? When you put God on a timeline and say that other God's *must* exist in order for God to exist because he *must* have a creator in order to exist, you get a never ending chain of Gods upon Gods upon Gods, each needing to fulfill that definition for the preceeding God.

God isn't on a timeline, he exists free from the constraints of time and space. Human beings have difficulty understanding the infinite. But that's just it, he's infinite, it his origins made "sense" to a finite mind, he would cease to be infinite.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:14 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Thorr's hammer does not offend me and YES I do believe there could have been Gods before God
    Chickie12

Answer by Chickie12 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Sure why not. Of course I dismiss all gods equally. That's just me, but man has always tried to come up with some reason things occur. God is one of many such myths. My opinion.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• No, as a Christian I do not believe there were gods before God.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I believe there is only one true, living God. The God of the Bible. None before, none after.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• But how do you explain GOD? Where did he come from?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Where would any of your gods have come from?

I imagine your answer would be much the same as mine. He was, He is, He will always be. Meaning He has no creator, He was here from the beginning.

Hey, it all had to start from somewhere, right? No matter what god you believe in, someone had to be here from the beginning. If God has a creator, then who/what created the creator that created God?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• The only thing I never understood was that one of the 10 commandment says to have no other Gods before him. Does that mean that there are other Gods...or God knew other people were going to make some up?
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 10:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• It is my opinion that God makes it clear that he is the first and the last, the beginning and the end. So no, that's not a possibility that I entertain :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2009