What to do in a situation like this?

Hi. :)

I am 25, and have been close friends with K since we were 12/13. We have been in stupid little fights, mainly about boys (when we were in HS), but nothing major. Since I had my oldest (whom is 6), things have gotten choppy. She says I am her "best friend" and we are close, calls me here sister, ect. But she doesn't act like it.

She is friends with T and R, two females, who have f'ed her over royally. Breaking a lease and making her pay for it and find roomates, stealing money, tell her that she is a low life, ect. Just rude harsh stuff.

Well, as long as T and R are around, I am on the back burner, calls me when she is bored, or might text me here and there. In December of last year she kept saying she was going to come visit, yet hasn't. When T and R are out of the picture, she is always calling/texting me.

I hate to let go of such a dear friendship, it's hard, what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Is it really a dear friendship with the way she makes you feel and the inconsistent attention she gives you? It's hard to let something go that you have held onto for so long, but don't keep her around just because you have history. She needs to be present and accounted for NOW and show you that she values you. Otherwise, you are just allowing yourself to be used.
    I suppose you could have a talk with her, but it seems to me that she knows what she is doing. You are her person to turn to when nothing better is going on and I'm sure she biotches to no end about T and R to have you sympathize with her.
    Respect yourself by demanding respect from her and don't allow yourself to be 2nd string in her life.
    Chickie12

Answer by Chickie12 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2009