Did you have your 3rd child and realize they all won't fit in your Car?

I'm sure this has happened? You have your 3rd child! Feel really Blessed! Then realize. Wow all 3 won't fit in my car with infant & Toddler seats! What did you do? This is a urgent issue! Mean while everyone in the working household gets unemployed. Where even the basic needs aren't met any longer! What to do!?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Travel

• LOL...yes, this is happening to us right now! My older 2 don't use car seats, but of course my 16 month old does. We drive a Chevy Lumina and a Grand Am. They get pretty tight back there. Especially with winter coats on! LOL. But we refuse to buy a bigger vehicle till next year! When we travel long distances, it gets challenging, but we make it work. Sorry, not much of a help...but good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We have 3 kids, the younger 2 were in car seats, they still fit. We had a 4 door car when they were babies. They were snug in the back seat but they fit. You do what you have to do. We have 2 SUV's but they don't have a 3rd row, we have 2 booster seats for our 6 and 7 yr olds and a 13 yr old, we make it work. If they complain we tell them we can stay home, then they shutup! lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We have 3 kids and they wouldnt fit into a regular car comfortably even when only 2 of them were in carseats. I would suggest if any of them are over 4 (or 30 lbs, 36" tall) then put them in a booster seat. You can get them cheap and they are MUCH smaller. Good luck!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We have 3 kids. Our kids are 13, 11, 3. My chevy cavalier was good for a while, but with the older 2 boys getting bigger and the little one in a bulky car seat they were starting to feel like sardines in a can. A few months ago we traded my car in and got a mini-van... which is nice cause there is alot more room for the kids and they now have their own space.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2009