what to eat before getting a glucose tolerance test??? please help

i'm having my test today at 11:30... and i ate sugar coated mini dougnuts at 4am will it effect the test??

who failed the test or passed it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My instructions say not to eat anything after I start the drink until after they draw my blood. I test at 9:30 in the morning. So from 8:30 to 9:30 I can not eat. This is my third pregnancy, third test and it was the same everytime. It's a long time from 4am to 1130...you should be fine.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Didn't the doctor tell you if you should not eat or not eat.
    It does not matter what you eat.

Answer by louise2 at 9:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• If I'm not mistaken, you shouldn't eat anything. I think this is a fasting blood test. They will make you drink that really sugary drink then come back in one hour for the bloodraw.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• all the doctor told me was not to eat nothing in the morning with sugar, no juice, ect.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Your not supposed to eat anything at all. I have to go in 2 weeks for mine and the Dr went over everything last time and I'm not supposed to eat anything so they made my appt early so I wouldnt starve lol
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My doctors told me NOT TO FAST. They also told me NOT to eat things like well what you ate lol. Im sure if you explain to them what you ate before you got the test they will make you retest. No worries. I just didnt eat anything because everything i wanted had sugar in it.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i think there are different tests so you should really call and ask. i think my midwives also told me to avoid sugary stuff, and to eat some protein, like a hard boiled egg. good luck :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Your not supposed to eat anything, but I wouldn't had ate sugar! I actually had a sandwhich before my test and I passed, but You ate sugar sooooo I dunno.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• u fast u drink a nasty drink and get tested in an hour if u fail ( i had 3 tests) u get to do it again you dont eat drink the nasty drink again get eated a 1, 2, 3 and some times the 4th hour

if u eat or drink you'll probally get to redo the test
    16thmoon

Answer by 16thmoon at 9:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Are you going in for the 1 hour test or the 3 hour test? If it is the 1 hour test then you would need to eat something like a bagel or an egg and 1 piece of toast. Since you have already eaten the sugary doughnuts then yes it will more than likely affect your test. They will probably either make you re-do the 1 hour test or go ahead and schedule you for a 3 hour test.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2009