Paper & Wipes

My 7 month old LOVES to chew on paper and wipes!! She'll go through my purse for paper and she learned how to open the wipes container. I've tried to give her other things to chew on, but she likes the sound that paper makes when it rips and I guess she likes the taste of baby wipes (gross). Is that normal & and there anything else I can steer her towards instead of baby wipes? (I'm not too worried about the paper, only bc I can take that from her and she's okay with that..lol)

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Kids will find things that may or may not hurt them just be thankful your is paper cause mine was glue, lol. Just let her know its not good... Ask the doctor... Cause it might be her comfort... Anyways see what they say then work on telling her what its for and how to use it
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 9:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My daughter has always liked paper and cardboard. I don't let her have those things but she's always going after it. I don't know why she does it either she always has, she's 13 months now.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• my daughter loved wipes too. She got over it though, it's just a phase. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• my 7 month old is like that too. We never let him ge close to paper and magazine. so we bought him a couples of baby books which he Does not thry to eat. He also likes to chew on blankets, toys and his shoes laces. I think the reason he do that is because he theething. Ask you pediatrician And GL.
    zip10469

Answer by zip10469 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My youngest loves wipes as well. I get the lanolin wipes so it is a little better. She also loves tags from toys, the ones that the stores sew on. She sucks on them. She is 22 months and she only does it with her snuggly when she doesn't feel good.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009