do you know anyone who actually buys the whole line of kids clothes?

my neighbor does this, actually her mom does for her, her kids get the whole fall/spring/ summer/ winter lines from gymboree... they never ever mismatch... but with my son i cannot imagine spending that amount of money of something he will grow out of or stain.... how unusual is this?? i have never known anyone to spend that amount on kids clothes.. i could afford it so i am not jealous, just kinda confused why you would do it...

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 9:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well I can't afford that but I don't really like their clothes anyways...Now my kids do have alot of nice name brand clothes as well as target...not really walmart because their clothes fall apart but some of their stuff is good BUT anyhow I buy their clothes at Ross which is just as cheap but I get more namebrands or just outfits that seem more durable! I will not spend a fortune on clothes thats insane! BUT again we don't have that type of money so I am always shopping for bargains and all my kids have nice clothes and we gets lots of compliments all in a budget!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• well i can't afford it but my sister does and she buys her child outfits its just a dress that cost nearly $100 she gets alot from gymboree matching everything purse with every outfit hair bows that only match that one outfit personally i think the clothes look ugly not cute at all Target has better looking stuff
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I don't know anyone who does it and I live in a fairly affluent area. I love the Gymboree clothes but I buy select pieces when they're on sale. My son is tough on clothes so I get the best quality for the cheapest!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• okay so i am not that weird to think it is unusual... i agree target has super cute clothes for boys and you cant beat the prices.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I don't buy anything that cannot be mismatched my DD loves to help pick out her outfits so I try to get things that can go with multiple items that way she can have two or three items to pick from in the mornings. It seems very silly to buy all matching outfits and such but that is just MO. I love Targets clothes too they have all their pants for girls here in adjustable waist. My DD never had pants that stayed up until now so I am so happy.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 11:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Walmart, Garanimals, $3-5 a piece, match the animal your outfit matches.

And they last to be handed down.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• my mil does that for my dd but she just goes in the store and grabs whatever she likes and everything she byes for my dd can be mismatched ......it's great to have somebody who can do that lol
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I don't buy the whole line but I usually buy several pieces from each line. I usually spend a couple grand on my DD's clothes each year! And then I sell them & sometimes make more money then what I bought them for. So, I figure spend the money 7 let her look cute & then sell & make most of my money back. It is a win win situation!
    Anonymous

• If I had the money, and I don't, I would. The reason is I don't like to think about buying clothes and deciding what to wear in the morning. If buying a "line" of children's clothes meant I don't have to shop, I just click send me size four in boys - one of everything - yeah....I would. Then I'm set for the entire season. That would be IF I was mega millionaire mom and had the space for it all. I hate shopping and try to do it all at one time during the seasonal consignment sale. Litterally shopping in one place for the entire season if I can. One day and done. I don't see much of a difference in what I do compared to what the OP posted. Accept that mine is two dollar pants and I am sure name brand is much much more for the lastest season and new.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2009