What would you like

Religious conversations to go like? Do you think religion should just not be talked about around friends, or is there a way to talk about it without offending other people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i can talk to my friends and family about religion without anyone getting upset..
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I think it's a good idea not to talk about religion and politics around people that you don't know their views on the subjects. That's why there's so much arguing on here when it comes to the two. I don't discuss what I believe about either one..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You know i often think about that myself. When im around friends and say they are coming to me for advice. I always say things happen for a reason and no one is perfect (everyone falls short of the glory of god) It usually does not offend my friends because im not pushing my beliefs on them. I just add things like that. However, i have had one friend that just stopped trusting in the lord because things were not going her way and i told her ill pray for you..and she laughed at me and told me that was the funniest thing she ever heard. Like it was a joke. I didnt say anything and then she apologized. I guess it all depends on certain people:)
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I think that religious conversation is interesting and healthy. But I believe that the people in the conversation should respect each others beliefs. No need for insulting. Religious talk is a great way to share ideas and let someone into a special part of your life.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• The truth :)
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I would like to see debates go on without having immature people insult and demean each other because they can't agree.

Answer by older at 10:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I like talking about religions and hearing what other people have to say about their religions. I find it all rather interesting. As long as you look at it as from an educational standpoint, then I think it's ok to talk about.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i think that if a person speaks upon the belief system with their proofs..it should not be offensive to anyone else. What makes it offensive is the off comments. i can tell a person i do not believe jesus is the son of god without offending them but many can't tell me that Mohammad (phub) isn't a prophet without offending me because they always add the extra. See if i say Jesus is not the son of God.. i can pull a verse tfrom the Words of Allah ( the Quran) that says exactly that. yet what they tell me is pure conjecture because they cannot pull a verse to say Prophet Mohammad isn't a prophet. When they try to they say nasty things. i don't really care because i know it to be faslehood but.. i explain it with the best proofs that i can and leave the rest to God.. He guides and Misguides.so if people learn to speak without making extra comments they would be able to talk about anything and everything. until then they'll fight
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• All that is needed is respect.   Also, never believe anything about other religions, denominations or beliefs that comes from a biased source.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Anything can be discussed when done so in a respectful, thoughtful manner. But different people view that respect in different ways-unfortunately,
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2009