anyone else hate having company?

my husband thinks i'm crazy but i hate when people come over. well, i should say the preperation of people coming over. cleaning the house, making the food, ect..it's a lot of work! my husband would love to have our friends and family over every weekend but i think special occasions like birthdays and holidays, ect...are plenty! i know most woman find hosting fun but i just think it's annoying and a lot of pressure. does anyone else feel like this or is my husband right when he says i'm crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Entertainment

• i used to get all flustered when people were coming over..but then I realized if they don't like something they are welcome to leave---We typically only have friends over so they already know us and we are comfy in each others homes---I tell them the first time over they are guest after that get your own plate and clean up your mess :)

But you are not crazy---I still don't like new people coming over
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I am with you. I hate the prep time. I always have to clean the house, not saying my house is dirty. But I am just like that. I think you should have a clean house when people come over. I always tell my DH, to tell me a day or two in advance when people are coming over. So I will not be running around the house like a mad women cleaning the house and preping food.

Answer by louise2 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Your definitly not crazy girl. I feel the same way. I just dont like it because the people that come over my house dont pick up after them selves, they dont respect my house rules...like taking shoes off and washing hands before touching my baby or cursing because i do have a little one that does repeat things, ect. So, im like well why do i slave over a hott oven and clean my house when by the end of the day im so flippin stressed out scrubbing stains out my white carpet and basically doing damage control. I just do not like it at all. So, i limit visits to like once a month or we go to their house. Because im almost 32 weeks pregnant and cleaning is not the easiest thing to do.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I love company, but I hate visiting family for longer than a day.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I'm a stay at home mom and I love company... Cookouts are easy. Why clean when everyone is coming in an out. Best thing to do is clean bathrooms and spot mop... Do easy food.... Grill and put some vegs. in the oven and make rolls. I normally cook on the grill and my husband is the one to offer drinks. In my house my friends and family help themselfs.... brb....

Now inlaws... Different story... I clean for days... LOL...... That part freaks me out, meaning everything has to be perfect... If you are a working mom .... That is another story....
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I hate having people over to my house. So I just dont. Aside from the friends and family that dont expect me to clean more than usual, or cook I dont invite people over at all. We have the kids b-day parties and that is more than enough for me.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I hate having people over because of my 130lbs drooling dog that everyone complains about. I also hate when DH invites someone over with no notice to the maid -> me.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 12:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• hate having people over because of my 130lbs drooling dog that everyone complains about. I also hate when DH invites someone over with no notice to the maid -> me.

This too! I have 2 dogs that are about the same, so enter at your own risk and please dont expect to leave w/o a drool mark or two!
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You're not crazy. I have come to hate the cleaning, cooking and the fact that no one seems to grasp that we have young children so we really need the party to end before the middle of the night. So now it is rare that we have company. My husband would also love to have people over all the time but he is not the one who has to clean up and chase our son all over the house to try to get him in bed, not to mention putting our baby down who fights sleep. I think special occassions are just fine for company, not every weekend.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2009