My DIL is mad about my computer

My son boaght me a computer and she is mad. I think she is jelous b/c he loves me more than her. I gues he should have expalned how things worked.

mamamatilda

Asked by mamamatilda at 10:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• wow--- well i HOPE it's not about loving YOU over her... she is HIS wife.. NEW family... yes you will ALWAYS be the mom HOWEVER your relationship with him does NOT compare to the one he has with her....

maybe it's about the money?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• He loves you more than his wife because he bought you a computer? That's a first. If I were the DIL I would be upset because of your grandiose attitude! He married her, hopefully he Loves you both in a different way, if not then that's kinda weird to me.. Sorry JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:12 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• What? LOL, you sound ridiculous!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I just gotta say WOW! "she is jealous b/c he loves me more" 1st, I'd hope the love between husband and wife is different than mother and son. There could many reasons the DIL is upset, maybe he spent more than he should have....no matter why she is mad, if you talk to her the way you type on here....I'd be mad as well. Who wants to compete with a mans mother?
    "I guess he should have explained how things worked"?? WTH does that mean? Are you trying to come between them? Are you a tad bit jealour because your son has a woman in life other than you?
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Are you for real?? Gods I hope not
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• my son bought it for me b/c he is a very impartant man who loves his mom/. My compter broke and this was my gift. My DIL should calm down, he does not have to tell him everything.
    mamamatilda

Answer by mamamatilda at 10:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i am assuming you meant to say that he does not have to tell HER everything....if that's the case I can bet you 10 to 1 that she is upset because he bought such a big purchase without consulting with her first. It might not be a jealousy thing...and I really hope it isn't. Your relationship with your son would have to be pretty strange for his wife to get jealous. Sounds to me like maybe you are a little jealous of her and you are taking joy in the fact that she is upset over this. Maybe the three of you should have a talk.
    RNmama09

Answer by RNmama09 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Uh, yes, he does have to tell her everything. She is his wife, there should be no secrets between the two. After reading your other post, I am beginning to suspect that you probably gave that baby the goat's milk on purpose to tick your DIL off and then batted your eyes and acted innocent towards your son, lol! It's time to fess up, Mamamatilda. It really does sound like you are the one who might be a wee bit jealous. The roots run deep on this tree of issues.......
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Doesn't have to tell her everything?? A marriage is a partnership between 2 people......not 2 people and HIS mother! I read the other post about the goats milk.....Sounds to me like you're trying to get on the DILs nerves and trying to get your son to play favorites! You sound like like a mean spiteful witch!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Seriously, it sounds like you have unhealthy attachment issues with your son and need therapy. Your relationship with him is causing problems with his wife, and you are happy about that. There's no shame in going to therapy, folks do it all the time because it helps relationships work better. What you've described is a family dynamic that needs some help, and soon.
    Anonymous