best way to fight odors in laundry?

My children are older and so they play outside a lot. I don't know what I may be doing wrong, but it seems that when I wash their clothes, there is still an "odor" left in their clothing. They just don't seem like they are coming out clean enough for my liking. I use Tide and Downey fabric softener. I have also tried things like Oxy Clean and all those other products out there. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Try baking soda or vinegar.

Answer by louise2 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I use Tide with Febreeze for my hubby's work shirts and wash in HOT water to kill the odor causing bacteria.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I am sold on this product called OdorKlenz Laundry! I have boys and never felt like I was getting their clothes clean enough. This stuff takes out odors, and it does not have any "perfumes" to mask the odors. It is so nice to take out their clothes and have them smell like they were washed in soap and water. LOL Please let me know if you would like to have further information on this product. I would be more than happy to share it with you!!
    mama2boyz73

Answer by mama2boyz73 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I agree with mama2boyz73. OdorKlenz Laundry ROCKS! I've been using it for some time now and the product is fantastic. There are absolutely no odors left behind; not even the "light scent" normally left behind by the laundry detergent! Let's face it, if there is a "light scent" or a "fresh scent" left behind, then the odors aren't gone. They've just been covered up by perfume!!!!
    TagBaby

Answer by TagBaby at 11:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2010