Why does it feel like i got punched in the crotch?

Im 36 weeks and it feels like someone punched me down there. Also it looks very swollen

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• baby is dropping and getting into position. don't worry, be relieved. it usually means things are progressing and you will be having your baby soon!!!!
    RNmama09

Answer by RNmama09 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• A lot of times when the baby drops(your at that stage) it causes lots of pressure and sometimes lots of pain.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• baby is dropping and there is increased pressure on the entire pelvic ( and groin ) area. This is totally normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Probably baby dropping just like everyone else has said. I'm 38 weeks and been going through this since about 34 and unfortunately, it only gets worse as he gets bigger. Not everyone even gets these pains at all, but I've got the pressure from him dropping, along with round ligament pain in my groin and hips. Very fun! Try to not get up and down too fast/sharp or you might get the sharp shocks like I do. Also, walking has been helping. It hurts at first but afterwards I'm less stiff.
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2009