Why is my daugher gina so selfish?

I know I had as stroke and am on some medicinv. But just b/c I am a grandmother getting up in age. Doesn't mean that I can't watch my grandbabies. I am so sad. She wa s mad b/c I drove them to t h e store and I had to have my panick attack pills and pain meds. I have to be able to function fo rmy grandbabies.

mamamatilda

Asked by mamamatilda at 10:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• um... I don't know hun. Maybe you should try talking to her about it. Make it seem like you are doing her favor by taking the kids. I wish my mom would take my kids more often.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• So you are driving those kids around while you are on medications for pain and panick attacks? Maybe b/c you should not have drove them under the influence.
    Doodlesrevenge

Answer by Doodlesrevenge at 10:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Sweetie, she is not being selfish she is looking out for her kids like you did when she was young. You have to admit that those pain medications and panick attacks are not really condusive to normal reaction in driving, you realize this right? she is just looking out for her babies, be reasonable. Maybe you should promise her it won't happen again, and that you understand her concern.

Answer by older at 11:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Check out her other questions, everyone seems to have done something wrong to her but she holds NO responsibility in any of it! I'm getting tired of the BS questions some people post!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 7:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I am sorry. I would not have allowed my son's grandmother to watch him while she was on panic attack and pain medications. Those can alter your mental status, and certainly are not safe to drive on with a car full of small ones. Also, you are recovering from a stroke. That alone can make her feel uncomfortable about leaving her children with you. She is the mother, she must look out for her children's safety. It is very nice that you are willing to watch your grandkids, and I am sure this decision tears the mother apart. Why don't you spend more time with the grandkids with the parents around so they can feel confident that you have the ability to care for their kids later on. If not, you still get to spend time with your grandkids. It's not necessary to have them all to yourself. Good luck, I wish you rapid recovery.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 7:48 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't let you watch them either. If you need those types of medicines, you may not be able to respond as quickly or inthe correct manor when dealing with children or driving for that matter! Take care of youself first, then worry about the grandkids. They have parents to watch out for them.
    Anonymous

• You are a real piece of work (read crap) No you can't watch my babies while you are dysfunctonal and you certainly can't operate a motor vehicle with them in it. And your DIL deserves more respect than you are giving her. And if you were my mom putting your complaints out there with MY NAME up there. I would throw a fit and possibly have you locked up. I hope your daughter contacts CafeMOM and tells them to delete your account for using her name! You are rude and selfish!
    Anonymous

• OK I finally read everything. Dear you had a stroke you're not the same person. I have gone through a number of the same things with my own Mom. Her over exaggerating situations. thinking she can do things she can't. Like watching the children and being able to drive. Quite honestly it's a wonder I achieve adulthood. Watching my Mom try to break up the marriages of two sons. ( my SIL are saints as are my brothers as far as that goes so is my DH because of the things she tried. ) You need both of them you need to back off. Give them space only call him if you really need something. In the mean time try and find some friends away from your son. Trychurch or a seniors center.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Um i am sorry but i agree with everyone else. No.
    Anonymous

• Make a comprimise. If you want to see your grandchildren more often, ask your daughter to be there with you, so they are safe & you can take your meds.
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2009