WHY??

I make extra money, love what I do and try very hard to get other people interested, especially if they want to make extra money! I am not a saleperson, or pushy, just a regular Mom taking care of her family and there are millions of people out there......WHY is it so hard to find someone that likes or is interested in Avon?? Just a question???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• honestly, i think right now a lot of people are going through tough times. it might not be that they aren't interested in it, they just might not be able to dish our the extra money on things like that at this time, especially around the holidays. and pride may be a factor so rather than say "i cant afford it" they might say "i am not interested" or "i dont like avon". I know if i had more money i'd be ordering from avon...i always see stuff in there i like :)
    RNmama09

Answer by RNmama09 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Because you have to go through someone else to get the product and its is not cheaper and can be expensive. I like being able to buy my makeup when I do my other shopping I don't want to have to find someone who sales it and then have to listen to their sales pitch and what not. Now my MIL orders from a friend so I order through her once in a while because it is quick and easy.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• The information is out here, but people don't understand you can make money in direct sells even in a slow economy. There are sooo many legit direct sell companies on cafemom, moms could join for little of nothing and bring in extra income. $10 or $50 to join. A mom could make that back before the ink dries on the paper. Wishing you continue success in Avon.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 10:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Avon is simply everywhere, I think that makes it harder to sell when there are tons of reps everywhere. I tried to sell Avon, found out there about 50 reps in my area alone.....so I was selling the same thing as 50 other people, catalogs were the same, ads were the same....not much you can do to stand out in a crowd that offers what you offer for the same price.
    I found my business after months of searching, and I love it! Good luck to you!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 1:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I can't answer for anyone else, but I can give you my reason. I like to shop for products at a store. I find it fun and rewarding. I do like to browse through catalogs every now and then but most of the time I might see something I like to buy, put the mag aside with intentions of picking it back up sometime and order BUT then I don't because life gets in the way. That is just me though. I am busy and end up stacking my magazines in a pile then never order.

I would love to help you find what you are looking for. Maybe Avon is not a good fit for you. I have an e-newsletter I send out twice per month with ideas on working from home. If you would like to subscribe you can go to www.imomnews.com or visit my profile and email me.

I'm inviting you to visit my profile anyway. Maybe you will be interested in what I do. I will help you every step of the way. It's my passion :)

Warm regards,
    Kim
    imomnews

Answer by imomnews at 4:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I just want to say Thanx! for all the answers and opinions.....I enjoy AVON...it just doesn't seem to go anywhere! Everythinhg was pretty good until I moved to a whole different place and State, so I lost all my 50+ i had, not many wanted to order online which i understand, and most wanted to face to face personal side of Avon! Now I lost my job, so have NO income and am pushing Avon, just not getting orders! I still will continue Avon, b/c I enjoy it, it does save alot of y customers money, many people don't or can't shop for th esimple things like Shampoo and even some Holiday gifts! I DO very much appreciate all of you, maybe you could help me out a lil and make an order ?? And I will get you FREE SHIPPING on your order!!(any size, even $.99 cents!) Check out my site! ( : Thanks again!!
    amy_sue02

Answer by amy_sue02 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I dont think i can put the link on here...but here's the site....
    www.youravon.com/anegret

Avon does sell alot more than people think too!! Men's stuff, clothes, Kids clothes, just tons of gift items....and even electronics....we have a new didgital camera that is awesome!! ( : Take a look!

PLUS you can even do a self makeover!! You just go to the site and register, then can download a pic of yourself or use theirs and do a Virtual makeover with their products!!

There is alot to Avon, that's kinda part of the reason it is hard for me to see why it's not goin better!?
    amy_sue02

Answer by amy_sue02 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• SORRY!! missed a letter onmy own link!! OOPS!!

www.youravon.com/anegrete

Thanx!!
    ( : Amy
    amy_sue02

Answer by amy_sue02 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2009