Do you agree with George Will?

Conservative columnist George Will went after former Vice President Dick Cheney on Sunday, saying the Bush administration could have used some "dithering" before they invaded Iraq.

Will was responding to the VP's widely-circulated comment that President Obama was "dithering" on Afghanistan and putting troops in danger. On the contrary, Will said, it was hasty decisions that put people at risk.

"A bit of dithering might have been in order before we went into Iraq in pursuit of non-existent weapons of mass destruction," Will said on ABC's "This Week. "For a representative of the Bush administration to accuse someone of taking too much time is missing the point. We have much more to fear in this town from hasty than from slow government action."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:42 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This is one instance that George Will (who attended my alma mater) is correct.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Nope. I think Cheney is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else. He isn't VP anymore and he doesn't make policy. If you don't like what he says, simply turn the channel.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

I don't think Will was saying Cheyeney didn;t have that right. He was saying how CAN he say POTUS is DITHERING when his admin jumped the gun and messed up so royally. He has every right to express an opinion, he's is a bit of an Oxymoron...
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:53 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I am just wondering how what Dick Cheney thinks is even relative, and why anyone is listening.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

I believe this is all promotion for his upcoming book and to advance his daughters career

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Ok...taking time to think. Fine. How MUCH time and how many troops are going to die first??!! there were 14c killed in Afghanistan a few days ago and 8 more yesterday. This hit the presidents desk in AUGUST...that almost FOUR MONTHS! and he STILL hasnt decided. And I am not sure when he finds the time to think while he is spending all his time learning and giving speeches every day!! STAY your butt in the Washington at the WH and WORK Mr President!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I agree with what George Will says. Cheney is the worst mistake ever---poor George Bush was clueless and left it up to Cheney to make decisions and they were so wrong. I am constantly amazed at the number of people who still even tolerate Cheney. He is deserving of the name "Darth Cheney"...and worse.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Changing the subject a bit here, but when Obama recently had meetings with the President of Iraq, his speech was translated and he said " the weapons of mass destruction are gone".
    What did that mean?
    I believe at one time there were WMD, I agree with what we did. And it was done, no use talking about it now is there.
    And for the record, I STILL like Cheney.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:12 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• "And for the record, I STILL like Cheney."    

Out of curiousity, do you also worship Satan?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Ok...taking time to think. Fine. How MUCH time and how many troops are going to die first??!!

How many were killed in the last 7 years?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2009