What are your thoughts on Scientology?

Last night ABC's Nightline aired a report on the Church of Scientology, and accusations made against the church's leader, David Miscavige, by ex-Scientologists. At one point, during an interview with the church spokesman Tommy Davis, Nightline's Martin Bashir asked him about the church's alleged secret core beliefs that have been divulged by former Scientologists. Davis took great offense to Bashir's questions, and eventually walked out in the middle of the interview, tearing off his microphone and throwing it on the floor on his way out.

Do you know any? Is their portrayel in the media fair?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdqmTcvwD9I

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• booBetter watch out the spaceship might come......one of these days!

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• How can we know the working of the church is suppose to be all secretive and I heard it cost money to be a member. It sounds like a crock to me but I think all religion is so ehh.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I saw that last night. Although, I don't know what the interview was supposed to be about, but the guy had already said that he wasn't going to discuss his religion. I don't know enough about Scientology to have much of an opinion, but from what I have seen, I don't like it.

The one thing I do agree with though is the fact that he said that they can't discuss their religion. I would rather not hear it. That is one refreshing thing about Scientology, they don't go door to door. LOL.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

It seems all Scientologists always want to SAY they are Scientologist like they are very proud...but then say NOTHING about what it MEANS! LOL

That is one refreshing thing about Scientology, they don't go door to door. LOL.!!!! TRUE

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• It is a load of crap and not a religion.
    twistdfairytale

Answer by twistdfairytale at 10:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I don't think it's a real religion, either. Craziness!
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 11:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I do not think it is a religion. They take money from the weak.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I read Dianetics a while ago and got the feeling the entire time that the author was trying to sell me into something. From what I understand it's pretty expensive to be a Scientologist....getting yourself cleared and all this nonsense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i think its all crap.
    Dazey18

Answer by Dazey18 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• It's just a loony cult, that's all.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2009