when you were pregnant did you ever think...

What if my baby doesnt come out healthy? or "normal"?

I do and I feel bad for thinking that way but I wonder sometimes like is he getting enough oxygen, are we sure he has 5 fingers...etc

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I worried about it a lot more during my first pregnancy, but those kinds of worries have crossed my mind during all my pregnancies.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Of course. It's called being a paranoid mom. lol We all are! I worried about miscarriage, still birth, deformities, etc, etc, etc. It's natural....and don't feel bad.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 10:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• definitely! i like to look at the books that show the pictures of baby's development and that just makes it worse because i think of all the tiny things that go wrong! like right now i have a book from the library with these beautiful illustrations of babies at 4 weeks, 5 weeks, etc, and i love to look at it but then it just adds to my worrying :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Every pregnant woman worries about that to some kind of extent. Everything will be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I've been worrying more with this pregnancy more than with my first. I worried at first about miscarriage, then I worried about the baby having something wrong with it or down syndrome but luckily those tests came back negative :)...It's normal to feel that way.
    I freaked out bc Friday she didn't move and kick constantly like she has been lol
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• yeah those are all normal worries we all experience. I started watching utube babies being born and then came across little ones that didnt make it oh my i was horrified. So, i stopped and im nearly 32 weeks and as far as i know my little man is fine. Just try not surf the net like i did lol and continue to stay on positive sites like this one :) Gl hun try not to worry you will be fine
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2009