I've been washing my hands so much my cuticles are killing me!

I'm so afraid of getting the Swine flu, I wash my hands constantly! Or use hand sanitizer but it's killing my hands! Any suggestions?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 10:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't have a problem with the washing. Good hygiene is essential. The problem with the copious hand washing is that it tends to dry out the skin, as you have discovered. I would personally try a really good thick cream, as a regular lotion just will not penetrate into this kind of dryness. One that works well is Eucerin skin cream. You can get it at any drug store. It is extremely thick (think the consistency of shortening) and a little goes a long way. If you rub that cream in well several times per day it should help dramatically.
    Anonymous

• Yea quit with the OCD hand washing. Also lotion works well
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• handwashing alone does not prevent swine flu...try to get an antibacterial lotion--bath and body works has some good ones...get some vitamin e oil and use that @ night...stop washing your hands so much. :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I, like you, wash my hands constantly . . . not because of the swine flu, but just because I feel it's necessary while doing things around the house. I carry a lotion in my purse, but for around the house we use Bath n Body works handsoaps with lotion in them. They really do make a difference.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009