Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you wait until it's too late for an abortion to tell your Dh you were pregnant?

If you found out you were pregnant, even though you took precautions to avoid it & your Dh was adamant he didn't want anymore would you wait to tell him? If you thought he would push abortion, would you wait until past the 12 wks to tell him?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (21)
  • No I would tell him immediately. If we took percautions and pregnancy happend, then so be it. If he really didn't want anymore kids he could have gotten a vasectomy, also if my hubb ever told me to get an abortion I would be hard pressed to leave his worthless ass

    Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • I wouldnt wait also if I dont want an abortion no one is going to convince me to. Id be strong and tell him and tell him I dont want to hear him even mention abortion

    Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • Absolutely not. The husband needs to know right away. This is something you definitely should not wait to tell him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • no i would tell him when I found out.

    Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • Well I guess it would keep you from having that fight just don't let him know you waited. I know this sounds un-honest and well it is but sometimes what they don't know cannot hurt them. Where is my husband ever asked me to have an abortion and then was adamant about it could end ugly and in divorce.

    Answer by PsychMommie at 11:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • OMG, no. I would tell him immediately and if he were THAT adament to not having another baby....well, he knows where the door is.

    Answer by jlry_ldy at 11:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • I might if I were in a situation where I thought my husband would push abortion, but I'd probably still tell so as not to be dishonest; I know it might mean fighting, but waiting until later is going to cause fighting too with the added problem of having kept a secret from my spouse. I am pro-life, so I would reject any attempts to convince me otherwise, and in my case my husband is also pro-life so it wouldn't be an issue. Good luck..

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • Well if your avoiding a fight that could end in divorce then do you reallllly want to be with this guy? You should be able to tell your partner anything and both of you should sit down and fully understand eachother's side, and then make a decision.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • No way. You need to be taking care of you and your baby long before that time.

    Answer by TiffaniR at 11:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

    Jeremiah 1:5

    Answer by gaurdianangels at 11:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.