Islam and homosexuality. How are the 2 going to exist together?

Obama has a lot of staff with very strong gay agendas. He also has staff that support the implementaion Shariah law.

I see many Mom's on here supporting Muslims and homosexuality. I am just wondering how you see these coexisting together.

Please give a well thought out answer.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 11:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Great question!

I know Muslims do not believe in homosexuality and it is punishable according to the Muslim culture.....so I don't know what these two groups will do, once they collide together.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• "I know Muslims do not believe in homosexuality "

And we all know how Christians are oh so different.

Anonymous

• The op asked for a well thought out answer anon. Christian tolerance is very different from Mulsim tolerance under Shariah law. Stop back by when you can give an educated answer.

Sorry op, what's up with people today? Can people not read the questions??

They won't be able to exist together. Gays will go back in the closet or risk death.
    Anonymous

• "And we all know how Christians are oh so different."

I don't know where you live anon, but in some Muslim countries, homosexuality is punishable by death.

In my community we have openly gay mayors, town counselors, and school board members; In my church we have openly gay members, lay leaders and Sunday school teachers.  From what I can see, Christians are more open-minded, but I'm sure every place is different. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• In Islam, homosexuals (called qaum Lut, the "people of Lot") are condemned in the story of Lot's people in the Qur'an (15:73; 26:165) and in the last address of the Prophet Muhammad. However, attraction of men to beautiful male youths has been a part of the culture of some Islamic societies and the attraction is not generally condemned in itself.

With regard to lesbian homosexuality, some have argued that since penetration is not involved, female homosexual acts should be less severely punished. Shari'a (Islamic law) is most concerned with public behavior and outwards, so there is no strong condemnation of homosexuality if it is not displayed in public
    Anonymous

• Sorry, OP! I can't imagine how they will co-exist. Most of what I have found looks like this:

"We, the religious, political and community leaders of the Indian Muslim community, are shocked to see reports in the media that the Union Government is considering the repeal of Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code, which means making homosexuality legal."

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Simple.
    Homosexual = dead.

Just like any other person who does not obey the despotic whims of the Islams in power. We see case after case of it.
    Women are cattle. ... Sometimes well-taken-care-of cattle, but lower than men nonetheless.
    Anyone disobedient suffers barbaric punishments.

Feh. It is SO obviously a power trip. Stalin, Mao, Hitler all had religious / philosophical excuses to fool the masses. EXACTLY the same here.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Muslim-majority nations, such as Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, or Mali, same-sex intercourse is not forbidden by law.

Anonymous

• Self-described liberal Muslims accept and consider homosexuality as natural, regarding these verses as either obsolete in the context of modern society, or point out that the Qu'ran speaks out against homosexual lust, and is silent on homosexual love. However, this position remains highly controversial even amongst liberal movements within Islam, and is considered completely beyond the pale by mainstream Islam

Anonymous

• Islam teaches that homosexual acts are sinful and punishable by God. This teaching comes not from human beings, but from the Creator of all humans. God tells us in His own words how He punished the people of Lot for their homosexual behaviour.

Anonymous