Church halloween things

I live in the Bible belt and it seems like every church is having a huge halloween bash and offering up candy and carnival rides. This year I was thinking about just taking my kids and doing the rounds at these activities. Anyone visited other churchs for Halloween things, and did they try to convert you or was it just fun?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We did one year and it was all in fun, no religious talk what so ever, but I guess it may depend on the church it self.
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Our church does this every year too. It's not to convert anyone, it's just to offer a safe alternative to trick-or -treating because it has become so unsafe.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• For me, it was always done in fun, but as Kory said, may depend on the church and also the individual people who are there.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i go to the mall instead of church things, i went to a church Halloween thing last year and everyone tried to covert me because my lovely mother in law told them all before hand i wasnt christian.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• we go to church things every yr and the kids love it!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• never had anyone say a thing about converting
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• they only time it becomes unsafe when a parent isn't with a child
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• They are usually harmless.
    You should be ok.
    Although there are a couple church run haunted houses here, called "Hell Houses" they use them as a platform to preach against everything they think are bad.
    watch out for a church that may be doing those.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 11:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My church holds a fall festival every year on Halloween with different carnival type games, lots of candy, hay rides, etc. We only speak about our religion with individuals that express a desire in it or an interest. We simply do the fall festival as a safe option for the children in this big city to have fun and experience other things of interest regarding the fall season.
    Anonymous

• You may check with your local police department as well, as many in this area do the same thing....simply offering safe and fun alternatives for the children, although obviously this would give them a chance for a positive experience with law enforcement and there would be no religion involved at all, if that is offensive to you.
    Anonymous