Halloween costume

My 5yr old wants to be Jesus for Halloween. Is that an ok thing to be or do you feel it is disrespectful? I think its cute but am just worried what others would think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think its fine.
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I think its fine. I thought about going as a nun, husband as a monk, and the kids as angels. They didn't want to though. sniff.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 11:29 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You might offend someone but you probably wouldnt ever know it. If thats what he wants...go for it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it... lf that is what he wants, let him...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• the only person i could see it offending would be some adult who didn't believe in JC/God...but its just a costume, so whats the harm in it?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Go for it. I think it's a great idea. Just let him know that his actions must match those of Jesus.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Who gives a damn what others think?
    I went dressed as a nun for Halloween last year, and what made it REALLY funny was that I was almost 8 months pregnant. =D
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I think its fine and so cute that he wants to be that!
    jm14879

Answer by jm14879 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Hairnazi, that's funny, because I can think of a lot of christians it would offend where I am. They'd be absolutely horrified.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't worry what others think, but I would not let him be Jesus. I think it is taking a serious and sacred life, and making light of it and I would explain that the divine are not to be imitated. Jesus (and other religious persons) are one of a kind. I wouldn't make a costime of Mohammed, Buddah or Hare Krishna.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2009