Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

custody question

my son is due in two months. i want nothing to do with the father (long story. but i have good reasoning) and i dont want him anywhere near my son.
i am not going to put him anywhere on my babys birth certificate.

what would the courts do if he tried to take me to court for rights? i know that he would have to get a paternity test done before anything would happen, but can i refuse it? i just really dont think hes good for my child (again, i have good reasons) and i dont want to be sitting here worrying about "well what if he does this". i cant talk to a laywer w/o paying him. and i dont want to pay to talk about a "what if" situation. does anyone have advice or expierences theyll share?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (6)
  • I don't anything about it but I think you have to consent for paternity test.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • Well if he petitions the courts I'm sure you have to, and whatever your reasons are, you slept with him.


    Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • If you really feel that he would be bad for your child then the best thing you can do is talk to a lawyer and find a way to keep him out of your life permanently. If he does decide he wants to be in his son's life then you will have to do it anyway.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • I really don't know how that would all work out, your best bet is to contact a lawyer or legal aid and find out what your rights are and if you can keep the child from him.
    Good luck!

    Answer by MizLee at 12:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • You dont have to let him have rights, its the mothers choice to establish paternity, and you can talk to a family law attorney with out having to pay, you only pay when representaion is needed :) Im sorta goin throught the smae thing right now but sorat backwards. I put him on the BC but i want his rights terminated cuz its just better. He owes lots of money to me and is just a bad person all together. and he never sees her. My youngests dad was mature and signed everythign to me, knowing it would be easier on the the kids. If you have any other questions PM me and i can try to help.

    Answer by crazyfunmom at 1:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • yes i slept with him. but people change. and he changed for the worst. just because he fathered the child, doesnt mean he is good for the child.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.