How long have you been married? How often Do you have Sex?

Just wondering what everyone else is doing. Been married 5 years on only have sex once or twice a week. Is this normal? I think it should be more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Same here. But we have three kids and it's hard to find time. It's very important for my husband so I keep trying to make it my priority too, even though I'm rarely in the mood by the time my head hits the pillow. I also use an app on my ipod to keep track of periods and 'love connections'. Sometimes he's even surprised that we might do it more than he thinks ;)
    ny_momof3

Answer by ny_momof3 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• beeen married 2 yrs we still have sex 7-10 times a week. he works 10 hrs i work 2days a week and we have a 6 month old. i could never survive without sex, lowest its been is like 4 times a week. obviously we didn't have sex for 5 weeks after i gave birth too. that was horrible! me and my hubs are very sexual people
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• 10 years and we do it like once every 3 months.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We have been married a little over three years. Right now it's once or twice per week but that is because I'm pregnant with our second child and I have almost zero sex drive when pregnant. Before that though we were doing it 4-5 times per week usually and I expect it to go back to that once this baby is born.
    Anonymous

• I think it vary's from couple to couple, and it's more about what's normal for you.

We've been married 21 years, we''ve almost always been 4-5 times a week, sometimes more, unless one of us is sick or I've just had a baby.

People have different sex drives, and life events affect people differently. A lot of people lose their sex drive when under stressful situations. We tend to want the intimacy even more. Never judge your marriage by what other's are doing, but by how happy and satisfied each of you are. If you want more, talk to your hubby, maybe he does too, or maybe he's just satisfied, and doesn't realize you would like to "heat things up".
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Just try to make more time for each other, it'll work out. =] My Husband and I celebrated 4 years of Marriage in August (We'll be Together 5 years total in December) and We have sex 5-8 times a week (it'd be every day and twice BOTH days on weekends if Our Son napped/went to bed on time every day and if my hard-working Man didn't work such long hours sometimes). We both need sex often to function (lol) and We can't get enough of each other!
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 12:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• married about 4 months. It changes. Some weeks about 1-2 . .other weeks. .. more. He is in school right now so that cuts into time. . .& i'm pregnant so sometimes i'm too sick
    Anonymous

• Married 3 years and we have sex 1-2 times a week. This i might add is not what my hubby wants...but we are on different shifts and it makes it hard.
    lesliegail22

Answer by lesliegail22 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2009