anyone have babies 18 months apart if so how did the older one do

i have an 11 months old he will be 18 months when the new one is born im just wondering what to expect from him when the new one is born.

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is sort of like having twins, mine were 12 months apart, and when the newborn came I had a one year old begining to walk, it was chaotic, but you learn to cope really quick. My one year old was estatic to have a little sister and as both grew up they always had a partner for play and up to this day they are still the best of friends, they are 31 and 32!

Answer by older at 11:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Mine are 17 months apart and my ds is so protective of his sister it's funny. He calls her "my Kenna" no matter what he's talking about. He gets upset if she is upset, and really doesn't like it when she gets into trouble. He tells me "but I love her!" when I tell him she has to do time-out or go to her room. Too cute. He wanted to hit sometimes when she first arrived but he got over that as soon as she smiled at him.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My bro and I are 14 months apart (me being the oldest), and we grew up a lot like twins. We shared a room, even though we didn't have to - we just ended up having a play room. We did basically everything together. School was fun because we always had the same friends, and we even took the same foreign language in high school so we could ACTUALLY use it! lol Now that we're adults, we are 1,500 miles away from each other but are still best friends. We did have a lot of love and encouragement from our parents to share and support one another. We never saw favoritism from either, even though we can sorta see it now as adults :-p

I think it's wonderful to have you kiddos so close in age! That was our original plan with our daughter (to give her a bro or sis in a year), but medical complications prevent us from doing so right now. But we are leaving it in God's hands - where it belongs! :-D
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 12:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My 2nd and 3rd are 18 months apart and I didn't see any problems from my son when his sister was born. He really could have cared less about her, but when she got a little older he enjoyed playing with her and they are like best friends, sometimes. They argue like most siblings, but 10 minutes later they will be playing again. Now they are 8 and 9 and it was really nice having them that close - if I could medically do it I would have had a close in age sibling for my 11 month old. Especially have a boy older and the girl younger - developmentally they went through a lot of things at the same time! He potty trained a little late and she potty trained a little early - it was like getting a raise getting rid of diapers for both of them at the same time! Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 12:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Our kids are the same age yay!! lol I'm 12 weeks & my son is 11months so he'll be around 18 when this little one is born!! Thanks for asking the question at least I know now lol! :)
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2009