sleep!

My one month old has done so good since we brought him home from the hospital he would only wake up once a night. but last night was diffrent. he had gone to bed at 11 after being fed and changed and woke up at 3 30 that was normal but after being fed and changed he wouldn't go to sleep as soon as i layed him down hed cry but when i picked him back up he was fine now i've heard of being spoiled but thats just a little over the limit isn't it? and he didn't have a temp. any ideas?

suckedintolife

Asked by suckedintolife at 11:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• idk sometimes my son whos 6 months old still gets up, he actually got up at 4:45 this mornin he was fed at 8 last night, he usually goes 11-12 hrs straight but sometimes idk they must be hungry, it took him a while to get him to sleep, i rocked him for 15 mins after i fed him and he was out but only til 7:30, last night wasn't a good night :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You cannot spoil a baby that little.
    sometimes, they just need you. DD is 6 months old and every once in awhile, she wakes up at night and wants to just be cuddled. Sometimes she does that and plays with one of her toys etc.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 12:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I agree with Princessofscots- at that age a baby can't be spoiled. I think that applies for at least the first six months. Sometimes they just need extra comfort for reasons you can't determine. I am 30 years old and I don't always sleep through the night either, sometimes you just wake up and have trouble settling back down for whatever reason, whether you are an adult or a wee baby. I have also read that a baby so young doesnt have the mental ability to try and manipulate mama by crying so if they cry it is a good bet they need you.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Get ready! From what I've seen, newborns are pretty cooperative in the first 2wks-1mos. Then they wake up and don't like it one bit! All they do is sleep those first few weeks. Once they're up, get ready for this type of behavior. Mine and my sister's newborns were the same exact way. Mine didn't sleep for 5+ hrs. until she was 5 mos.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2009