Is anyone going to get or has already gotten the H1N1 vaccine?

Everyone says they won't, but is anyone going to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I am going to. I have health problems that would make catching the H1N1 flu, or the regular flu for that matter, quite a disasterous prospect. I have never yet become ill from a flu injection or any other vaccination, although I do not discredit the difficulties that others have had with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I am hoping to get it- there are shortages in my area now but I have asthma and hear H1N1 really attacks the respiratory system. My daughter has an egg allergy and can not have the vaccine so I also hope that me getting the vaccine will help protect her somewhat. I know there is a lot of fear but from what I am learning this vaccine is the same as the regular flu vaccine except to protect against the H1N1 strain. Each year the flu vaccine has different strains in it so I think it seems pretty safe and much safer than the threat of getting H1N1 and becoming seriously ill.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2009