Anyone else in a custody battle for their kids from their parents?

Nearly 5 years ago, we ( hubby and I) landed flat on our rears financially, so my kids went to my parents home to live for a bit. As time went on, they asked us for a "temporary" guardianship for dr/dental insurance purposes. We agreed under the circumstances, but they only applied for my 2 daughters, not all 3 of my kids. We still retain legal custody of our oldest, our son. We regained insurance in 3 months. We have now been fighting with my parents for nearly 5 years to regain custody. But now they have claimed all kinds of malicious crud about me because I have Asperger's Syndrome. Apparently, Asperger's makes a person unfit to be a parent... We have tried everything, but even the courts still won't return our kids until I've gone through therapy to help me with my relationship problems with my parents, meanwhile my AUTISTIC daughter receives no help at all.... Anyone that has any thoughts or words of wisdom, PLEASE Share

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• This would be a good one for the Dr.Phil show
    Not being mean......really think about it
    Parents manipulate you into gaining custody by saying they want to give the kids ins.
    Now they hold a disability over your head to remain the gaurdian of the kids.
    Dr. Phil would really hammer away at the questions with those 2!

Btw....My daughter has Aspergers and she is 22 and a long way away from having a relationship and to self centered to be around kids. Has emotinal breakdowns at the drop of a hat! I could go on....

So kudos to you!! for being married and having kids...This helps me see Aspergers in a more positive light.

My best advice other then Dr.Phil is to call legal aid and get a family law Lawyer

Anonymous