wanting to be held

amanda wants to be held 24/7 and only by me the last few weeks. any suggestions on what i can do

21_scared

Asked by 21_scared at 12:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get a baby sling! I used one with my son who wanted to be held all the time. The ring slings are the best. I had an "over the shoulder baby holder". That way they can be held and you can do what you need to do.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 12:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• The baby sling is awesome! try it!

Answer by older at 12:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Hold her or wear her; get a sling or other baby carrier.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You don't say how old she is? If she's newborn, then hold her. If she's older, try distracting her with toys while you play next to her then gradually remove your presence (although with babies you really shouldn't leave the room)

Answer by missanc at 12:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I agree with everyone who suggested getting a sling or wrap. Babies NEED to be held and cuddled. Its a need as real as their need to eat or sleep. I know it doesnt seem like it now, but VERY SOON there will come a time when you will want to cuddle her so bad...and she wont want to! Enjoy it
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2009