What are people going to do when PA is no longer available?

The dollar is almost worthless, tax revenues are at historical lows and the country is broke. China isn't going to support non-working Americans forever. It is only a matter of time before PA is drastically cut or gone altogether.

What do you think people will do?
If you are on PA, do you have a plan or do you have an idea of what you might do?

This is NOT a BASH PA question. It is a realistic question for a realistic issue.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 12:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Prior to any sort of PA, people always had gardens. Some had chickens, goats, etc. Most families weren't scattered ~ even during the depression unless dad went somewhere because he heard of work.

I can't say that I think PA should just be erased, but I do believe that people currently on PA should be required to do certain things; pass a drug/alcohol test (same as working people), plant some seeds (even tomatoes and lettuce helps) since FS can be used to purchase seeds, etc. There should be garden space at every public housing facility ~ instead of parking spaces and playgrounds. Food is a necessity, cars and toys are not! If people are consistently handed what they need, and allowed to keep what they WANT, most will sit on their butts and do nothing. Personally, I'd ban cable from HUD housing as well. Without a tv to entertain them, more would be out looking for work. No, I'm not mean ~ I've done without to pay
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Learn to wipe their own butts?
    Anonymous

• As a matter of fact we are moving to a different state so my dh can get a better paying job and I can go to school to get a better job and my mom can watch our children so me and dh can work as much as possible so we can get off PA. I've come to the realization that the gov wants the poor to stay poor and I don't want that for my kids.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• More importantly, What are corporations going to do when corporate welfare is no longer available?

Anonymous

• Riot. When you have peopel starving in the streets crime will be out of control.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• * people
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Well China is saying if we give them some of our water they will take out some of our debt.
    wilesmomma

Answer by wilesmomma at 12:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• "I've come to the realization that the gov wants the poor to stay poor and I don't want that for my kids."

You are so right. The system sets us up to be wage slaves all our lives, and if we fail at that we are screwed.

Anonymous

• This question isn't about CORPORATE welfare. Feel free to start you own question. I'll answer it though. First of all, corporate welfare isn't available for all corporations. Many corporations are small family owned businesses. They will fail, as they have done to begin with.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• This question isn't about CORPORATE welfare

Why not? Why os corporate welfare acceptable and PA not?

Anonymous