PLEASE HELP!

For the last 2 days I've had this really bad pain in my head when I bend over. It kinda feels as if my head was going to pop. Then when I stand up I feel a bit light headed. I am just getting over a cold. I am worried that I have a brain tumor or aneurysm. I have had an MRI and a CAT scan about a year ago and it showed nothing. I never had an MRA though. Will and MRI check for a tumor or aneurysm? Thank you for your answers!

NicholeWalls

Asked by NicholeWalls at 12:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Health

• I get the same pain in my head! It's a sinus headache; when I lived in TX where the allergies are horrible I'd get them 3-4 times a week. Sinus headaches can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. Try to limit bending down, it makes the pain much worse. I have found that Tylenol Sinus works good and then I also use a product called Head On. It looks like a big chapstick; you run it on your forehead and it numbs the pain! I love it! They sell it at Walmart for about $4. If your just getting over a cold I would still go into the doctor and make sure you don't have a sinus infection. Those have to be treated with antibiotics!

I hope this helps... and I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Jennifer
    Navy_Wife506

Answer by Navy_Wife506 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• It sounds like maybe you might have a sinus infection of sorts, have that checked out with your doctor.

Answer by older at 12:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Sounds like a sinus infection to me.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2009