Here are my specifics....what do you think?

So, yesterday's doctor appt showed that I was 70% effaced, no dialation, baby's head is at -2 station. The week before was pretty much the same (70% effaced, no dialation, baby's head was at -3 station). The week before that I was 50% effaced, no dialation, and the baby's head was at -4 station.
I'm now 39 weeks pregnant. I'm getting frustrated because I was SURE that I was further along than the doctors thought and I would deliver before my due date (Nov. 3rd). I'm sure most mommies to be go thru this impatience for the baby to arrive towards the end of the pregnancy but my question is what do you guys think of my progression?...and, when do you think I'll deliver?

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Without the pressure of the baby's head on your cervix, it takes longer to dilate and your baby is still fairly high. My guess is that you are NOT having this baby before your due date:( I know that cervical checks mean NOTHING but still... For being 39 weeks, you arent very far along
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• its hard to say when youll deliver, but it may be very soon or maybe a week. I was 3cm and 80% effaced for 2weeks before i delivered with my 3rd son. But with my second son i wasn't dialated at all and went into labor 2 days after my appt. So you never know. Good Luck and hand in there. Congrats on your little one!!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i think you will deliver at 41 weeks, just because that is the average for first time mommies, and it's when i delivered ;) of course it could be anytime between now and 42 weeks (or even a few days later) gl! i know it's tough. like i said, my son was born at 41 weeks
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I hate to say it, but it could be tonight, or it could be in 2 weeks. I know its hard, but relax and enjoy this last bit of quiet time, it will be gone FOREVER before you know it =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• we have the same due date. i feel you. we don't know the sex of the baby so were super anxious to see it. i'm trying to tell myself that the baby will come when it's ready. i have never heard of going longer with your first pregnancy. so don't think that. your baby will come when it's ready and although we may be tired of being pregnant with the due date approaching at least it's only 8 days left. yeah i'm counting down the days. i want it to come now yet i don't cause my baby brother who died was born on nov 2 so that is when i want my baby due. i'm 50% effaced and on last check only 1cm dialiated and that was the same from the previous visit. no one can predict when a baby or your body will deliver. WE COULD GO ANYDAY the numbers or check don't mean much. if labor starts those numbers change and can change quite fast. especially with the 70%effaced. you get to 100% and dialation can come pretty quick. SUNDAY is my guess. GL
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I know its frustrating, and NOT what you want to hear...But it really could be anytime between 5 minutes from now (going into labor I mean) or 3 weeks from now. I was progressing quite nicely (even TOO nice as my MW thought I would deliver at 35 weeks when I had a scare and told me to "try to keep her in for 2 more weeks!!")....And my DD wasnt born til 42w 2d.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• could be now could be in three weeks. my DD was soo low and i had a scare.. I was not dialated at all but she was super low. for first time moms it usually goes over.. i didnt deliver untill 41 weeks and 3 days. so just like everyone else here said just be patient i hated when people said that lol.. I folded her clothes soo many times lol... sleep now lol..
    kelsbug05

Answer by kelsbug05 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Its a statistical FACT that first time moms (not induced) AVERAGE 41w 1d. Look it up. (Sorry, thats to the mama who said you dont usually go over with your first)
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2009