Here are my specifics....what do you think?

So, yesterday's doctor appt showed that I was 70% effaced, no dialation, baby's head is at -2 station. The week before was pretty much the same (70% effaced, no dialation, baby's head was at -3 station). The week before that I was 50% effaced, no dialation, and the baby's head was at -4 station.
I'm now 39 weeks pregnant. I'm getting frustrated because I was SURE that I was further along than the doctors thought and I would deliver before my due date (Nov. 3rd). I'm sure most mommies to be go thru this impatience for the baby to arrive towards the end of the pregnancy but my question is what do you guys think of my progression?...and, when do you think I'll deliver?

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly your progression sounds normal and I'll also add that it really doesn't matter. You can dilate a ton in a really short time. I know it's hard to wait but just try to relax and keep smiling - it's gonna happen before you know it! My dd is 5 months and she was 10 days late and I remember thinking it was never gonna end and now it's long past...there's no way to know when you will have your baby. Good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Unfortunately your progression doesn't mean anything, you can go from 0 to 10 cm in a couple of hours but you can also walk around a couple of cm dilated for many many weeks. There is no way to predict when you will go into labor regardless of progression, it could be hours, days or even weeks.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I had less progession than that at an appointment on a Thursday, went into the hospital that Sunday in full labor. Had my dear daughter early Monday morning.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 12:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• That all doesn't mean much. I was at 3 cm for 4 weeks and was induced with two of mine.
    Anonymous

• It means nothing. All women and pregnancies are different and you could be 3 cm dilated like I was for 3 weeks and not go into labor and then bam you have the kid. This is why I don't agree with being checked every week. A friend regressed from one week to the next and the doc said she had another week or two and then she naturally went into labor the next day!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You never know. I went into labor, went in and they sent me home. My mom convinced me to go back a few hours later and I was at a 7! When your body is ready it will happen! Try to be patient!
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 11:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2009