the car seat cover things

the car seat covers for the winter to keep your baby warm are they safe im about to have one in january and i was wondering if you could use it on a newborn car seat as well

brittanymomma

Asked by brittanymomma at 12:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my daughter last October and used the car seat cover all last winter. Mine had a hole cut out for her face that I could velcro to keep it open. I would leave it open when we were in the car so she could breathe and then just cover he face for the quick trips outside if it was really bad weather. I think as long as you provide ventialtion they are fairly safe, especially with an infant who couldn't really pull the cover off and get it over their face and mouth.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I agree with the PP. I used one for my daughter who was born Sept. 07. I left it opened in the van and just covered her up when she was outside. I'll be using it again for my son who was born this Sept.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 2:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2009