there are so many home remedies out there....i need one for a gassy baby!

my 4 month old baby girl gets really gassy and it makes her scream and cry a lot. i want to help her but i dont really know what i can do...mylicon drops dont really seem to be doing the trick. i need something better.

excited2bemommy

Asked by excited2bemommy at 12:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gripe water works wonders, but can get expensive. You can make it yourself, using equal parts fennel, chamomile & catnip (yes, catnip!). Just mix them together, use a teaspoonful of the mixture in a tea ball and brew a cup of tea. Add a some to her bottle (start with a couple of teaspoons of tea, it should do the trick), or if you're BF'ing, just drink the cup of tea yourself, 2-3 times daily. These three herbs have been used historically to reduce gas in the intestines, as well as have an overall calming effect. If you want less relaxing, just leave out the chamomile.

If you have more questions, talk to an herbalist in your area.
    Good luck!
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 2:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Are you BF or FF? I know that if you eat certain veggies and spicy things, it can upset their little bellies. If you FF Enfamil makes a "For Gassy/Fussy" babies formula. It comes in a purple tin (I think, I can't remember) but GL and I hope your baby feels better.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i made peppermint tea and added it to my sons bottle. if you are nursing drink the tea yourself, a few times a day.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I gave my daughter an ounce of chamomile tea a day, and drank several cups a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2009