best department store to get photography done?

Out of places like Walmart, Target, Sears, etc. which one is best for photography, especially newborns. I don't have the money for those fancy studios sessions, so it's gotta be one of those kinda places. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Walmart doesn't do too bad. But Sears does really great!
    Akinsgirl

Answer by Akinsgirl at 12:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You can do your own really cheap too. Get a great pic and upload to Walmart.com You can get announcment pics for about 33 cents each!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I've had great luck with Sears. Part of it is the photographer that you get, so if you try one place, don't be afraid to try another the next time. Over the years I've used Wal-Mart, JcPenney, Sears, K-Mart, and had good results with all. I think Sears is my favorite. We just used them for my son's senior pictures.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I have used JCPenney. They usually have a coupon out for No sitting fee and 3.99 per sheet..i like this better thatn the package cause you can get alot of poses. Loook on Penneys website for coupon.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I use K-mart (Olan Mills) because my MIL works there. They do good too though.

I have a secret.... They have these little coupon things they usually have a person in the front of the store selling them. I guess it's like a voucher, you pay....eh $15 and get a bunch of pictures. The pack I'm selling right now is $12 and you get 10x13, 8x10, 2- 5x7's, 16-wallets, 6- greeting cards. If you are low on cash it is good because you don't have to spend $150 and you still get a decent amount of pictures to pass around.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Olan Mills in Kmart. You can print those coupons online as well
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I used to work at the studio in Walmart, and since they went digital, they are just as good as Sears or Target. They have some really cool effects they can do with the pictures. Like for example they can do this fade sort of thing, I don't really know how to explain it, but the pictures fade out in the corners, it can be white or any color, and it looks really cool. Also they do black n white, sepia (old fashioned) and all sorts of other stuff. Hope this helps!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 1:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Don't go to a place like that. You DO have the money for a real photographer. Just find one who is new to the area or just starting out. Some will do sessions for free just to have a wide variety of pictures in their portfolio. Others just don't charge that much. Look around, check craigslist and other local ads.

I'm a photographer, and I only charge $50 for everything but weddings. My clients get a CD or DVD of all the pictures, with a copyright release. They can print the pictures however they want and how many times they want. AND they get at least 50 different pictures, usually over 100, and all of them are edited in photoshop.

Trust me, you can spend a LOT at local studios for pictures and they usually aren't as good as the real photographers.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• If you can get a good shot of your child, and you just want something done to it, you can PM me and I will edit it however you want. I can do pretty much anything you want.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I'm sorry, the only experience I have is with the photo studio in Wal-Mart.
    I loved what they did with my teen daughter's photos last year - very nice!

It has been about 15 years since we've used a Kmart and Sears portrait studio and they weren't that good back then.

I hope you find one you like! Please share the photo and your experience here with us afterwards so we can know about them, too. Thanks! :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2009