Do you keep getting sick?

I was talking to people on another site and several people have said that they got sick, really sick this summer and are now getting sick again. (With the flu) Several people have said that they have been sick all summer that what ever flu they have keeps coming around their communtiy and they get reinfected. What is your experience with this? Have you had lingering flu symptoms or reinfection? (The other site I am talking about has people who know how to clean with bleach, so I have no doubt they disinfected.) I just want to hear your experiences with this last year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Health

• Yes I've been sick like 3 times this year, alot for me actually. My allergies act up in the spring and in the winter I get a bad cold normally, and now I've been sick 3 times and had allergies and sinus crap on top of that. I don't know what keeps going around but it sux and my daughter has been sick a couple of times too, she's only a year old. I use lysol and wash my hands like crazy, and still getting sick, I don't go out to a lot of public places either.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Nope. The only illness our house has seen this year was when my daughter had H1N1 in May. We take probiotics and echineacea, we don't eat meat; we eat very little dairy; we eat lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes; we drink lots of water.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• And this is all we use for cleaning: This Is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2009