Are YOU getting the swine flu vaccine?

HI everyone! I'm going to my first prenatal visit today and I know they are going to ask me if I want the swine flu vaccine as well as the flu shot. I don't know whtat to do. What are your thoughts on it & are you getting one or both?

DAjZeZnLE

Asked by DAjZeZnLE at 12:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What you should do is research first before making your decision. No, I am not getting it, because it has not been proven to prevent swine flu, nor has it been tested nearly enough to be injected with that. I do not know the potential risks to my baby.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• "What you should do is research first before making your decision. No, I am not getting it, because it has not been proven to prevent swine flu, nor has it been tested nearly enough to be injected with that. I do not know the potential risks to my baby."

I second that.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i decided not to as well. i think any negative side effects to the flu vaccine adn the h1n1 vaccine would be pretty rare, but getting the flu and having bad complications is also pretty unlikely so... it's a hard decision but my decision is no.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I got mine! Feel great!
    Anonymous

• Lots of pregnant people have died from swine flu, and none from the vaccine yet. Pregnant people have gotten the vaccine. I would get it
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 12:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Answered at 12:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 by:
    * Tashwitz
    Lots of pregnant people have died from swine flu,

it's true, and very sad, but the % of pregnant women who have gotten the swine flu and died is like 1/1000. it's not like 50% or even 1% are dying, but .018% of pregnant women who were diagnosed with swine flu died. it's all about whether you are willing to take that risk or not. and how you weigh that risk with the risk of the vax
    Anonymous

• i'm due next wk so seems useless to get it. my dr hasn't brought up the issue and personally i don't think i need it. i as healthy as a horse.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I wont be getting either.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Do your research and talk to your doctor/midwife about it. My midwife is a very natural person, who has been a good friend of my family's for a long time. I was NOT planning on getting either shots, but after researching and talking with my midwife, I decided to get both. (And feel great)
    It seems to be a very personal decision that everyone needs to research and come to their own conclusion on. Best of Luck!
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 2:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I'm not getting it. I don't feel comfortable enough about the risk of catching even a minor case from the vaccine and making myself or my baby sick.
    shelbyk

Answer by shelbyk at 3:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2009