Is your SO the kind of father you always dreamed of having?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had a picture of how I wanted my SO to be as a father.
Does your SO live up to the vision that you had?

LovelyDisaster

Asked by LovelyDisaster at 12:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Absolutely! He's wonderful...I always dreamed the father of my children being way better than the father I had. My father abandoned me and my brothers when I was 4 years old. My husband is loving, nurturing, kind, supportive, always there for the kids...and myself. I also believe being a good father starts with being a good husband first.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yes. I have a great dad, totally devoted, very sentimental, always there for me and my brothers. Dh is the same and even more, our generation allows DH to be more hands on, my dad changed diapers and all that, but my parents had more traditional rolls...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Nope, he is a great dad, and loves our daughter, and she loves him...but our marriage is failing and therefore he isn't able to be around like he should or like he wants.
    Anonymous

• My youngest daughter was 11 when I met my husband and saw him with other kids and thought he would be a wonderful dad so I agreed to have a baby with him.
    Our son is 5 yrs old and my husband so lazy that I feel like a single parent! If I would have known that he would be like this I would not have brought another child into this world
    Anonymous

• Yes, my father died when I was 7 but I remember him being full of life, very playful and so much fun! My dh is so much like that, always playing with our kids, making jokes, making me smile. That's actually what drew me to him - he's not the bio dad of my older 3, but he was a friend from school and came over to drop off some notes, started playing with my kids and I thought hmmmm . . . 3 years later we're married with a baby and he makes no differentiation between MY kids and OUR kid and I love it!

Answer by missanc at 1:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• yes!! he has his moments, as most of us first time parents do, but he's come a LONG way!

he's absolutely wonderful with our son :)

he's an amazing Daddy & Hubby
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yes he is. I sometimes have found myself watching him with the children and envying them. I didn't have a good father in my life, the few times he was in my life it was toxic and not so good. I love watching him with the kids, it's all I wanted was what I didn't have, a good father :-)
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2009