Military Spouse to join Airforce with child?

Ok, so i've been wanting to join the air force for a while, but i've been too skeptical about it. So i went to the recruiter yesterday, and he told me i couldnt because i have a little girl and my hubby is active duty air force. I asked him if there is anything i could do about it and he still said no. But then i asked him why is that? And he couldn't even give me an answer. I want answer. Does anybody know why? also, is there really something that I CAN do? Please let me know ladies!

nicoya_mami

Asked by nicoya_mami at 12:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• You have to have a care plan incase you both deploy. Thats prob the concern. He's an ass! He wants a easy recruit. There is a way you just need a waiver and the care plan. A care plan can be your mother or sister someone who can take your child incase you both deploy. Call a diff recriuter or just ask this one what if you get a waiver.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• That doesn't sound legal. Contact the EEOC: www.eeoc.gov

Answer by rkoloms at 3:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• He is just being a lazy ass. You can join. As the others have said, there is quite a bit of work to it with developing a care plan.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 11:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2009