breastmilk storage?

one of the reasons i chose to breastfeed was so we wouldn't have to spend money on formula. i pump a lot because i work and i didn't know about all the accessories that were involved with that. i can't afford to keep getting those special breastmilk storage bags. anyone have any other options for storing milk in the fridge and freezer? this may sound stupid but i really don't know... would things like tupperware work for storage? ziploc bags? rinsed out juice containters? if not, are there any other cheap options for storing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you can re-use the storage bags!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I washed out my storage bags & reused them.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I use generic zip lock bags. I write the date and amt of milk on bag w a permanent marker.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I would be leery of ziploc bags because of the possibility of breakage! I have used the plastic bottles for pumping also for storage... I have also washed and re-used the bags... also be careful of permanent marker... it can soak through the plastic of ordinary bags and get to the milk!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2009