Breast Feeding vs Formula Feeding.............

I want to know why are there all these Anti-Formula people out there? If you believe in breastfeeding soooooo much and have to criticize other people for formula feeding why do you make yourselves anny??? I hate to get on here and there are so many columns about breast feeding bashing formula feeding. Get over yourself. Somepeople either choose not too or CANT!

And Frankley its none of your business how someone chooses to feed their child. If you cant answer there question with respect. Move on to someone's question that you can.

momtopreemie521

Asked by momtopreemie521 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why would you continue the drama? Isn't this exactly what you are complaining about? Bashing people for their opinions.
    Anonymous

• Hmm...well I am not anon, I formula fed my oldest (didn't have a clue how to nurse him and gave up when he was three months old) and totally nursed my youngest. I think people get, we will say excited about it because I can tell you from my own personal experience I enjoyed nursing my baby MUCH more than making a bottle up, and there is a want to help, if you can't get latched on I can help you, if baby is biting you I can help you, if you are just exhausted let me help you, let me support you, let me keep you nursing your baby, because that will help keep him healthy and strong.....otherwise, when you ask a question like you did, you can only expect anon answers that are from the defensive end of the topic....
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 1:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I guess the BF nazi's lose sleep over the fact that so many poor babies are being fed poison (formula) and depriving their kid of breastmilk. I'm glad I have the ability to worry about my children only, I sleep great at night :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Duh...you sound like you are asking for drama! And believe me you are going to hear it! I agree with the 1st anon.
    Anonymous

• well 1st off every woman can make milk! the chance that u can't is like 3%! my thing is y not give ur baby the best that u can? if ur not doin'that ur a bad mother end of story! ur rite we r nazis we want all babies 2 be b-feed so all babies can b happy and healthy!!!!!
    Anonymous

• i formula feed my dd my daughter is a happy that is all i care about
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Why are you so angry over the comments of strangers? Perhaps you are harboring some guilt?
    Anonymous

• WOW! I cant believe that a woman would call another mother a bad mother because she cant or chooses not to breastfeed, what a miserable pathetic person you must be and you dont even have the guts to put a picture or name by your post, but that goes perfectly with your character...judgemental coward! I would have loved to breastfeed my baby but after a month my body stopped producing milk and he always had trouble latching on and wouldnt get enough milk, and I am still a WONDERFUL! mother and my baby is 100% happy and healthy. people like you make me sick!!!!
    whitrichards228

Answer by whitrichards228 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Thats what Im saying Whitrichards.........I didnt mean to cause a fuss. But durn......I am new to this site and everytime I get on there is some ANNY leaving mean messages about the way a mother chooses to feed her child. When all she has is a question about feeding her baby. I dont understand....if they cant help or give good advise, why bash her?
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• What bothers me is I know there are people out there who are struggling and trying so hard to breastfeed and just can't do it and are not able to take care of their child becuase of the stress of it all. When they finally decide to suppliment or make the leap to just formula, they feel horrible and think they have failed becuase it's put into their heads that to be a good mom you must breastfeed. We all know that breast is best. But why can't we be supportive of other moms and help them thorugh tough times. Understand that breast is not the best option for everyone especially if it means physical or emotional trama for the mother. She needs to focus on taking care of herself and baby and finding hte healthy balance and NOT be attacked by people who want to make her feel worse for using formula.
    Anonymous