What can you do to reduce your libido?

My libido is at a high point. I've gained 40 lbs from having a baby and still have after effects of preeclampsia. I I don't even feel attractive but I still want sex all the time. My hubby is at a low point in his libido. He understands that I want more sex but he just isn't that into it. He's working and we have an infant at home that he wants to spend all his time with. He's a great dad and we both love each other very much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I know exactly what you are going through! I gained a lot of weight w/ my pregnancy too, and my libido shot through the roof at about 4 mos. post pardum. If you want some ideas, here's what I found out was going on w/ me - I had severely out of wack hormones (too much testosterone), b/c of a disease called polycystic ovary syndrome. This disorder is really, really common, and it affects your weight, blood pressure (preeclampsia), libido, and a lot of other hormone-based issues. And w/ me, after I lost some of the weight, my hormones went back to a normal level. My libido actually crashed after that (I kinda miss it). So, my suggestion is to read up on PCOS, see if the symptoms fit you (b/c it kinda sounds like they do) and maybe go to a specialist if they do. But really, the best way to fix it is weight loss. They suggest meds but weight loss worked for me. If you want some more info on this, PM me.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 1:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Get your husband ginko biloba to increase his libido (unless he has high pressure); sex is great exercise!

Answer by rkoloms at 1:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2009