What is it like having three kids? Is it harder or the same as having two?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• We have a 14 month old boy and a 3 week old boy ......and have decided to hold off trying to a girl, if at all, until the oldest is in school. I couldn't imagine LOL
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i have three... five years, three years, one year. it is a lot! sometimes i feel like i have more than three! never a dull moment! lol!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• It will keep you busy but IMO it's easier to transition from 2 to 3 kids then it is from 1 to 2 kids. We have 4 kids (5, 3 1/2, 2 and 6 weeks) and I rarely have a moment to myself but I wouldn't change it for anything. Once you get into a routine it's easier.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 2:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• other then it was hard to find all the shoes I think it is easier to have three they amuse each other and I get more me time
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I have 3 boys...ages 5, 3, 21mths.

It can be chaotic depending on the day and doings. Sometimes they are mellow and we have a fairly nice and smooth day and then other days one of them is in a snit and chaos reigns just trying to keep them all from killing each other LOL.

My biggest problem going from 2 to 3 was making dinner. When my youngest was newborn it was hard to make dinner, deal with the other 2's crankiness and the newborn wanting to be held all the time.
    We are better now though LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I have 3- they are 9, 5 and 4. When the younger two were babies it was hectic, b/c they were so young and I also had one to take to and from school. At home it was great- in public it took about a year to get the logistics of taking 3 kids everywhere down pat (even on weekends when I had DH to help) LOL.

Now the day to day care is easy b/c they can all dress themselves, eat by themselves, are potty- trained, etc.-- but this particular year is a little insane b/c all 3 are in different schools and on different schedules! (I have a 3rd grader, kindergartener who has 1/2 day morning school and a pre-K kiddo who also has 1/2 day morning school, but at different times from my kindergarten daughter!)-- fortunately, this craziness will never happen again-- this year is the only year that all 3 will be on different school schedules and in different places!...

SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 2:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• ... (got cut off). Anyway, the logistics of traveling with all 3 and keeping track of them was harder than with 2 kids, but I had baby care down pat and that was easier. I found that going from 0-1 was the hardest thing ever :-D I had a very difficult firstborn! lol

Back to the question of what it's like with 3-- it honestly changes from year to year for me-- but I'd never do it any other way!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 2:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• For me it was easier to go from 2 to 3 than 1 to 2. I have two boys, the oldest will be three in Nov, the other will be 2 in Dec and my little girl is 2 1/2 months. With the third I felt much more prepared. It doesn't take me any longer to get out the door with three than it did with two. I am sure once the baby is up and crawling around it may get a little crazier but we will take it as it comes.
    Anonymous

• I have 3 all 2 1/2 years apart. Adding the 3rd one wasn't really that big of a deal. I knew what was coming and what to expect. Adding the second one was much harder than the third.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I have 3 - 11, 10 and 4. It was hard to start all over again except that he was a really easy baby. Now he is the quintessential pesky kid brother. Drives the other 2 nuts but for me it isn't too bad. The hard part is now that everyone is at a different school and this one needs to go to place A, while the others need to go to B & C plus activities, makes me almost want my oldest to be old enough to drive.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2009