Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i raise money to get a lawyer to get my son back?

im only 17, and 7 months pregnant with my baby daddys 2nd child, so i cant get a job. no one will hire me. I have no family or friends with money. i cant get a loan because im to young. my babys daddy has kept my one yr. old from me for 3 months, n if it wasnt for me being pregnant with his daughter that he denies i would have gone crazy. i have missed my sons first steps, first birthday, n first words. i cant take this anymore i feel like im fixing to go crazy. i have already tried legal aid n they denied me. i go to church but my church wont help me rasie the money n i have been having garage sales but it dosent bring in enough money. plz help me b4 i go pshyco. im desperate.

Answer Question

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 1:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 7 (182 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Sounds like there was a good reason for him to take the child. Maybe let him have the one you are pregnant with too and get some help. When you are healthy seek joint custody.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • first of all, if there are no court papers he doesn't have custody. You can simply go get your baby & go, however if he does have court papers.. you can motion the court for visitation without a lawyer. I worked throughout all my 5 pregnancies so I think you could find a job, just not a good one. If you want custody you must have a place to live & means ( or your parents supporting you) try your best to talk nicely to the dad because its easier to work it out with him instead of court. don't give up no matter how hard it gets, your kid needs you & finish school or you'll always have an issue getting i'm a mom of 4. :)

    Answer by maiahlynn at 2:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • because you are not married the baby belongs to you and nobody can say otherwise unless he has court papers....if he does not have papers call the police and tell them you will need an escort to go get your baby and if he has been holding your baby without papers he can go to jail for kidnapping.

    I know this because when I was 17 my daughter's dad tried to keep her from me. we were not married and so I called the police and they told me as long as there isn't paperwork the baby belongs to it's mother.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • and nobody will hire a woman that is 7 months pregnant!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • My ex took off with mine and the state police said that unless there is a custody arrangment there is nothing that can be done. So I would go take the baby and file the paperwork in court. however why did he take the baby? do you have the means to support the baby? It doesnt sound like it. Having another child does not replace the one you dont have anymore that is silly. I would suggest to continue looking for a job, temp agencies will send you out, I had this same problem when I had my 2nd child. The problem was actually i had no skills or education. With my 4th I had the skills and education so it was not a problem finding a job pregnant. Good Luck to you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.