Does anyone know if there are any new oral prescriptions/drugs on the market besides clomid to help someone ovulate to get pregnant?

I have PCOS and am unable to ovulate on my own without assistance. With my first child, it took 6 months of progesterone and clomid to get pregnant with him. With my second child, it took a year of progesterone and clomid and then the last 3 months of that were IUI's that helped us succeed in getting pregnant. We're wanting to try for our third and final time, but I don't want to go through what we did with my second pregnancy so I wasn't sure if there's anything new out. I go back in to see my fertility specialist in December.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Google FEMARA. I haven't taken it or researched it, but I have heard of it being used instead of Clomid. GL!
    Anonymous

• http://www.advancedfertility.com/femara-letrozole-fertility.htm

Anonymous

• what does PCOS stand for?
    AJsmom2005

Answer by AJsmom2005 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• what does PCOS stand for?

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - it's a fertility problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• In my case, it means that I do not ovulate on my own at all. I even had trouble ovulating last time when I was taking the highest doses of medication. It sucks.
    alexanddaxsmom

Answer by alexanddaxsmom at 11:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I think this is the same thing my sister in law has. But she told me the doctors said she can't have kids at all. Could it be because when she was on the patch she got blood clots. The reason I ask is because me and hubby are trying for number two and I feel bad because she says she can't have kids. When we were pregnant for my now three year old and called and told her she didn't talk to us for months. How many times did you have to go to the doc to get diagnosed? She went for one pap and they said she had it right there at the doctors. Does that make sense?
    AJsmom2005

Answer by AJsmom2005 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I actually went to my OB who did bloodwork. When the results came back, she told me it was PCOS as was the bloodwork the fertility specialist did, but they never told me there was no way I would be able to have kids. They just started me on treatment. I have a friend that has it too, and she went through 5 miscarriages before finally having in-vitro and getting pregnant.
    alexanddaxsmom

Answer by alexanddaxsmom at 4:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2009