Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is one of the best ways

to end your childs visitation with someone who drinks and uses inappropriate language around the child?

File a motion to terminate visitation but how do you prove this is going on?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (2)
  • unfortunately, unless there is imminent danger to the child, most courts will not terminate visitation rights.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • when it's time to pick the child up, have an officer escort you. Tell him something like, you're afraid to go there alone or make up something. When you get there, you'll have a reliable witness as to whats going on in the house. If he's totally wasted, he can be arrested for bieng that way while alone with a child, depending on the childs age and the laws in your state. Good Luck :)

    Answer by Shyma at 2:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.