Tight Heel Cords?!

I just left my daughters 9 month check up and her DR said that her heel cord is tight in her right foot. I called & am trying to make her an apt at the Childrens Hospital. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about tight heel cords and if so you could let me know a little bit about it.

CourtneyAnn8690

Asked by CourtneyAnn8690 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• If that's the only issue, it's no biggie and all she probably needs is some stretching of her muscles & tendons. Doing the stretches everyday will gradually loosen the heel cords, allowing her to have more control over the foot. When heel cords are too tight, they can pull a foot out of position or make it difficult for an infant to gain the skills of crawling or walking b/c the foot won't be under their control as much and can even be painful. PT is what she needs and that you can get either through private insurance or you could call Early Intervention and they will provide the needed PT services if the tight heel cords are causing her to have a physical delay.
    Anonymous