What if Bush had done that?

First let me say that I tend to stay away from the P&C Events section here, but I saw this article on Yahoo News & I thought it was pretty interesting...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20091027/pl_politico/28764

A four-hour stop in New Orleans, on his way to a $3 million fundraiser, Snubbing the Dalai Lama, Signing off on a secret deal with drug makers,
Freezing out a TV network, Doing more fundraisers than the last president, More golf, too.

Conservatives look on with a mix of indignation and amazement and ask: Imagine the fuss if George W. Bush had done these things?

And quickly add, with a hint of jealousy: How does Obama get away with it?

So that is my question... What if this was Bush doing this? And How does Obama get away with it? Why can he do these thing & there is no anger, everybody still acts like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Inkedmommy007

Asked by Inkedmommy007 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Inked, I agree with you. Many on here turn a blind eye to things that would otherwise be a subject of outrage. They will deflect, change the subject, or list Bush's flaws rather than fact their own candidate's flaws. A few will admit they disagree with Obama, but others will do their best to ignore, ridicule or censor anything and everything negative.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Because in their eyes Obama can do no wrong Remember they like to call out others but don't like it when we call out them.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 2:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• LINK, please!
    Anonymous

• Its on Yahoo News. I'm going to read it and aee if OP has condensed and parrphrased. LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

•  Why can he do these thing & there is no anger, everybody still acts like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

This is plain BS, I am and know many Obama voters who have spoken out about things we disagree with him on and none think he is anything more than a man and politician.

Why does it bother Reps so much what Obama does when they made excuses for every thing Bush did? Or blamed any bad that happened while Bush was in office on Clinton?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

More BS, maybe I should start a garden.

Friday

• This is an "opinion piece", an article by someone who is clearly not a fan of our President. Your reaction to this will depend on whether or not you are a Conservative ,Republican, an Independent or a Democrat. Whatever. The author writes on a site called POLITICO.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• How does he get away with it? Because he's black and you're a racist if you speak out against him.
    Anonymous

• All Presidents do things that we don't agree with and I recall many being outraged at the amount of vacations Bush took. Then there was Katrina. And WMD's. ANd etc. And of course, Clinton got away with many things and so people were really ticked at him. Nixon got away with plenty and most of it is still uncovered. Watergate helped show him for what he was but .....
    ANYWAY, big deal.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• If you knew history instead of opinion, you would know GWB made secret deals with drug makers, war suppliers and oil companies. Maybe you remember $4 a gallon gas? Know of anyone on Medicare now struggling to pay for prescriptions? Blackwater? Know what that was? Not sure GWB went on any Fox opinion shows as you'd hope our current president would. Maybe he has better things to do with his time.
    Anonymous